JOB TITLE: CMA1743 Chief Data and Technology Insights Officer
The Competition & Markets Authority (UK Government) looking for the position of Chief Data and Technology Insights Officer. In the below paragraph, we discuss all the details regarding the job like its Location, Benefits, How to apply, and Further information. Post of NS&I Chief Executive Officer
|Organization||Competition & Markets Authority|
|Job grade||SCS Pay Band 2|
|Type of role||Architecture and Data, Digital, Senior leadership|
|Working pattern||Flexible working, Full-time, Part-time|
|Salary||£126,307 – £148,100|
|Location||Edinburgh, London, Manchester|
|Last Date to Apply||3rd January 2023|
|Apply Now||Post of Second Permanent Secretary|
The Competition and Markets Authority is an independent non-Ministerial government department and is the UK’s lead competition and consumer authority. We work to ensure that consumers get a good deal when buying goods and services and that businesses operate within the law.
The CMA has an exciting and challenging agenda – to contribute to faster economic growth, deliver positive competition outcomes and make markets work well for consumers, businesses, and the economy.
We have a vital role to play in the UK economy through our many and varied roles and responsibilities, and while we are in no doubt as to the size of the task, we’re encouraged by the progress we have made so far, and excited to take up the challenge of delivering tangible results for UK consumers and businesses, especially post EU exit.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a team in an area of importance, make a real difference to consumers at a critical time, and shape the CMA’s and other regulators’ data strategies, in partnership with a wide range of senior professionals working in the sector and academic world.
- A proven track record and extensive experience in leading data and technology teams, managing budgets, and innovating to change and improve outcomes.
- Extensive experience as a leader of a team will allow you to lead a team, help it grow, and become a diverse and high-performing team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with proven experience of dealing with multiple and complex stakeholders, excellent networking and relationship-building skills, and experience disseminating complex and technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Sound insight, analytical skills, and judgment dealing with complex data.
- Strong experience in keeping abreast of fast-changing technologies, trends, and results and proven experience in implementing innovative solutions in either government or industry.
If successful you must hold, or be willing to obtain, security clearance to SC level and possibly DV level.
To apply for this post you will need to complete the online application process accessed via the advertisement listed for this role. This should be completed no later than the Advert Closing Date, which is 23:55 on 3 January 2023, and will involve uploading the documents outlined below:
- A CV setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements. Please ensure you have provided reasons for any gaps within the last two years.
- A Statement of Suitability (no longer than two pages), giving examples of how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience provides evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the criteria in the person specification.
- A completed Diversity Questionnaire is available here. We’re committed to implementing and monitoring our equality and diversity policies with the aim of recruiting, retaining, and promoting staff regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Please submit your full application by email to [email protected]reynolds.com. Please quote the role title and assignment code P2210-161L in the subject heading of the email. All applications will be acknowledged.
Failure to submit both documents will mean the panel has only limited information on which to assess your application against the criteria in the person specification. Please ensure that both documents contain your full name.